Saturday 2 January 2010

Making of: Veni, Vidi, Vici.

An experiment with 3d typography, I'm looking for ways to make type more interesting. Over the last few years I have been more and more interested in typography, and one of my new years resolutions this year is to experiment with type much more. This is my first time making anything like this, namely combining 3d rendering with type specifically and hence the name. Below are some stills from the rendering process. I'm learning more about linking software packages together to create solutions and here I used illustrator to draw the type, another new thing for me. It took an hour of guessing before I realised how to use alpha channels in Cinema 4D and the final thing is riddled with adjustment layers and textures, but I'm really happy with the result.